Through the partnership with the Oklahoma State Department of Health, McMahon Tomlinson Nursing & Rehabilitation Center will train and employ candidates in our facility. Earn while you learn to become a Certified Nurse Assistant.
Classes will be offered 4 times a year. The program will be approximately 120 hours in length. Once class is complete, clinical skills will be observed, and a written exam will be administered. Successful candidates will have immediate job placement at McMahon Tomlinson Nursing & Rehabilitation Center.
The curriculum will consist of the following modules that must be successfully completed:
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Infection control
- Safety/emergency procedures, including the Heimlich maneuver
- Promoting residents' independence
- Respecting residents' rights
- Basic nursing skills
- Personal care skills
- Mental health and social service needs
- Care of cognitively impaired residents
- Basic restorative services